Swallowtail Shawl KAL

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Peace on earth!

This is the last of my holiday knitting--a present for my mother-in-law.

After all my ridiculous problems with this shawl, I started worrying about how it would look. All of yours were so beautiful, but this--this--I mean, honestly, the thing looked like a total rag.

I was knitting with 100% silk from Woven Gems, bought at the Virginia Fall Fiber Festival. How would the yarn block out? Would the silk hold the block? If this thing wasn't really beautiful, I was going to be annoyed after all we went through together...



I shouldn't have worried.



More pics on my blog.

Thanks for this inspiring knit-along!

2 Comments:

  • Beautiful! I saw some 100% laceweight silk from Blue Moon Fiber Arts yesterday at my LYS and wondered how silk would block out for this shawl, and no worries now, I may have to go buy it. What size needles did you use?

    By Blogger Melissa, at 10:37 AM  

  • I used the size called for in the pattern and it worked out just fine--although I thought about going down a size.

    By Blogger The Purloined Letter, at 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home