Swallowtail Shawl KAL

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Swallowtail Languishes

Alright, I should have been finished with Swallowtail a long time ago, considering how much progress I made it its early days. But, things happen, and then you miss one deadline, and then another... Right now I am in Round 4 of the Lily of the Valley Border 2, which means 22 rows to go (I think). One difficulty I am having is that the nupps are super tight! I am using bamboo circulars, and the points are not that pointy, but I like using them for laceweight yarn (it doesn't fly off the needles at every opportunity). I know I am wrapping the yarn too tight, but I can't seem to stop! I have ended up using one of my tiny size 00 dpns to knit the nupps. It is no problem using this method, but it does take longer since I have to switch needles every time I come to a nupp. Ah, well, it's too late to switch methods now!

5 Comments:

  • What a beautiful color!

    I would love to join this KAL but nothing comes up when I push the join button. Could you contact me offlist with instructions? Thanks!

    By Blogger The Purloined Letter, at 3:49 PM  

  • Using a very small crochet hooks works equally as well! I was having the same problem. Even when knitted loosely, i just couldnt purl the nupps!

    By Anonymous emily, at 2:16 PM  

  • Ha ha! I am actually using the "crochet hook method" on another lace knit - the Trellis Scarf from IK from Spring 2006. In that one the stitch is a 7-into-5 cluster (k7tog and leave on needle, yo, k the same 7tog, yo, k the same 7 tog), and the crochet hook was the only way I could manage it. For me, using the dpn takes slightly less time! :)

    By Blogger Carrie, at 7:36 PM  

  • I am with you on those nupps. Actually I am on my third try with the first lily of the valley section. I had not heard of the crochet method, but I'm going to try that one. I'm using bamboos, too, which I love...except you're right...they aren't very pointy!

    By Anonymous Janet, at 6:48 PM  

  • I just discovered the website who writes about
    many
    home based business

    If you want to know more here it is
    home based business
    www.home-businessreviews.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home