Swallowtail Shawl KAL

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Swallowtail Done!

After 1 month + 1 day I give you a completed Swallowtail!


It really shouldn't have taken me that long, but I was distracted by other things... (knitting ADD, you understand). Here are the specs:

Yarn: KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud in TidePool, 1 hank
Needles: size 3 Clover wooden circulars (24")
Finished Dimensions: 60" across the top, 28" top to point
Time to Complete: 31 days
Mods: Nope! Other than the different needle size and yarn, I did it exactly as written, fiddly beginning and crazy nupps and all! I had to use a tiny dpn to do the nupps.

I would definately make this again, perhaps making it in a slightly thicker yarn and perhaps adding the extra rows as has been blogged about to make it bigger. It is definately cobwebby-lacey, and I anticipate not being too warm! Great for spring or fall, not so good for winter. I am also considering doing it in fingerling, as I have seen some very nice ones out there in blogland... :)

There are more photos on my blog: http://ladyknitterly.blogspot.com

Cheers!

3 Comments:

  • Beautiful shawl.Yummy colour, love the location.Well done

    By Blogger Abi, at 4:50 AM  

  • Wow.. I absolutely adore this colour and it looks beautiful! Well done :D !!

    By Blogger ZhiWen, at 7:17 AM  

  • Thanks guys!

    By Blogger Carrie, at 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home