Swallowtail Shawl KAL

Friday, October 27, 2006

Question about Misti Alpaca Laceweight


Hi everyone. Here's my Swallowtail in progress, along with a couple of other things. It is coming along nicely--a very pleasant stitch pattern to knit.

For those of you who have used the Misti Alpaca Laceweight, or a similar yarn: do you feel there's enough in the skein to increase the number of repeats without running out of yarn? I'm trying to decide if I should follow the pattern as written or try making a larger shawl. But I only have one skein.

Thanks for your thoughts on this!

6 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Ovelha Tricotadeira, at 3:13 PM  

  • I have just started mine using Misti Alpaca, but I have no idea if is possible to make larger one with just one skein. Love the colour.

    By Blogger Ovelha Tricotadeira, at 3:15 PM  

  • What is that other gorgeous project you have there? I love the colors you are using!

    By Blogger Heather, at 6:03 PM  

  • The other (red) project is a zig-zag lace scarf using Kidlin Pixie. It's a line/mohair laceweight that my One Skein Sp sent me.

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 10:43 AM  

  • I just finished my swallowtail using misti alpaca and had a little less than a half ounce left over. So you could probably add a few more repeats to the first chart (I read someone did 19 repeats but I'm not sure what yarn they used.)

    By Blogger FrozenExtremities, at 7:37 AM  

  • what's up swallowtailshawlkal.blogspot.com owner found your website via search engine but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home