Swallowtail Shawl KAL

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Lace Newbie

Hello all. First let me say thanks to Bronxie for starting this KAL and getting me to confront my misgivings about lace. I actually started mine a couple of weeks ago. I just grabbed some sock yarn out of my stash because thats the closest I can come to "lace-weight" yarn. I ended up picking Koigu in a blueish varegation. Right now I am on the last row of the 14th repeat of the first lace chart, then it's on to the nupps that I've been hearing so much about.

I thougth I'd be brave so I didn't use a lifeline but I did make a big boo boo. When I started, I used an unmarked ball of Koigu from my stash. I ran out of that ball last night somewhere on the 12th repeat so I had to go back to my stash to get the other hank I had. Well, I'm in the process of moving so of course all my sock yarn is boxed up. I wanted to continue knitting so badly that I just picked up the first hank that resembled the yarn I was using. Well guess what, it's not the same color and I didn't firgure this out until I had done a complete pattern repeat.
I'm not ripping it out so I guess I'll have a two tone shawl which doesn't bother me one bit. Here are some crappy pictures taken with my camera phone (sorry). Hopefully my next post will be an FO so I can wear my shawl to the Knit Out this weekend.

Chante

3 Comments:

  • The Charlotte's Web Shawl uses something like five different colorways of Koigu and it looks kinda odd in photos, but looks to be blended gorgeously in person.

    By Blogger poipill, at 12:22 PM  

  • I love that colorway. I can't wait to see the FO

    By Anonymous Iraida, at 5:57 PM  

  • Very nice. I have a couple of new balls of Koigu. Let us know how what size you end up with.

    By Blogger Jeri, at 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home