Swallowtail Shawl KAL

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Fingering Weight?

I am casting on for Swallowtail today and need some advice. I have decided to knit this lovely shawl in Brown Sheep Fingering in Lilac, but I am concerned about being able to do the nupps in this heavier yarn. Has anyone used fingering weight for this? If so, were you happy with the results? I would like a larger, heavier shawl-hence the use of fingering weight. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much, and I have loved seeing everyone else's progress and completed shawls.
Sue J

4 Comments:

  • Sue, I think you'll be fine as long as you use super sharp needles. My favorites are Bryspuns.

    By Blogger Veronique, at 10:45 AM  

  • Used DK weight on size 8 Denise needles and had absolutely no problem doing the nups exactly as they were written.

    By Anonymous Angeluna, at 11:28 PM  

  • did the nupps with two strands of Misty Alpaca lace weight and had only a few minor problems due to using the two strands. Go for it you'll be fine!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:55 AM  

  • Fingering weight is presumably 4ply?( 200m/50gms)
    If so made the shawl using 4mm bamboo needles, and no problems with the nups.Just knit them loosely.

    By Blogger Abi, at 3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home