Swallowtail Shawl KAL

Monday, August 14, 2006

Swallowtail in Sea Silk

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Swallowtail Shawl

Pattern by Evelyn Clark for Interweave Knits Fall 2006

Handmaiden Seasilk, one skein in Ocean colourway, there appears to be enough left over for a lace choker

Addi Naturas size four, significantly dyed by the yarn.

Cast on August 5, bound off August 13.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I made no changes to the pattern... although I found P5TOG to be impossible to say the least. Instead, I slipped three as if to purl, purled two together and slipped three over the P2TOG. Maybe my needles weren’t pointy enough, meh. In theory, this shouldn’t look any different anyway.


Sorry Jessica and Emily — she’s about to be dropped off at the county fair and will come home on Sunday, hopefully with a ribbon. She’ll make an appearance at the Stitch ‘n Bitch next week!


Crossposted in my little corner 'o the web.

8 Comments:

  • OMGosh. Your shawl is beautiful! You did a great job!

    By Anonymous Iraida, at 6:35 PM  

  • Scrumptious looking shawl.The colour is breathtaking and the yarn blend sounds wonderful.Very well done

    By Blogger Abi, at 7:27 PM  

  • Thanks ladies! To be perfectly honest, I'm a little shocked by the final product myself ;)

    By Blogger poipill, at 12:22 PM  

  • Your shawl is beautiful! I'm relieved to hear that someone else is having trouble with those stupid p5tog's. I hate them! I'm going to have to try your idea. Thanks for the tip!

    By Blogger Coleen, at 7:27 PM  

  • Very very nice.

    What is the finished blocked size? And what is the rated yardage on the seasilk? Just wondering, what is seasilk anyway?

    By Blogger Jeri, at 8:50 AM  

  • Coleen: no problem! The yarn I used had NO GIVE, so I came pretty close to crying when I tried to do the first P5TOG, I thought I was going to snap the needle or break the yarn.

    Jeri: I'll have to measure it when I pick it up, it's currently floded up under plastic at my local agricultural fair... with a second place ribbon.
    http://handmaiden.ca/yarn_seasilk.html, it's 400 meters/437 yards.

    By Blogger poipill, at 12:53 PM  

  • I want to knit Swallowtail Shawl and had some merino in mind! I am off to NS and plan to buy some Sea Silk, so now the merino will have to sit aside and the Sea Silk will fly away on the needles!
    Beautiful shawl and it must feel wonderful!

    By Blogger Peg, at 12:29 PM  

  • Beautiful! And thanks so much for the tips!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home